Keeping your teeth cleaned professionally means keeping your smile beautiful and means keeping you happy. We’re all about smiling, satisfied patients at Pomona Dental Care, and we invite you to come to see for yourself why our patients love our services. We offer the best dental care and the friendliest service at our state-of-the-art facility in Pomona. Call today to set up an appointment, and our team will ensure that your dental cleanings are as comfortable, quick, and effective.
Regular professional teeth cleaning will improve your oral hygiene and maintain your dental health for many years. But we know we can’t do this work alone. We’re here to help you build upon your existing good dental hygiene habits. Together, we can achieve the goal of preventing cavities and other oral health issues.
How Often Should I Have My Teeth Professionally Cleaned?
Every patient is unique and has different dental needs, but the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends teeth cleaning every six months in general. Some patients require cleanings every three months, while others require visits every 12 months. It can depend on your overall dental health and various factors. We can help you determine how often and when you should have your teeth cleaned professionally.
What is the Process for Professional Dental Cleanings?
Our Dental Hygienist will start by ensuring that you are ready. We understand that a dental cleaning may not be the most fun experience possible, so we want to help you by making you as relaxed and comfortable as possible. If there is anything we can do for you during your treatment, please don’t hesitate to ask.
To perform a thorough cleaning, we will first conduct a comprehensive assessment:
- We want to know how you’ve been doing and if you’ve experienced any dental problems.
- We’ll determine how thorough cleaning is required.
- We’ll look for additional dental issues we should address following the cleaning.
- We may take X-rays, which we usually take about once a year.
After that, we’ll start the cleaning:
- We’ll use a specialized toolset.
- May may use ultrasonic devices and hand instruments.
- We’ll clean around each tooth.
- We’ll clean between the teeth and gums to a healthy, comfortable depth.
- We’ll irrigate your mouth to help rinse away debris.
The cleaning may be the most time-consuming of the procedures. Once it’s over, you can relax because the worst is over.
The next step is polishing:
- There is no discomfort associated with the polishing process.
- This step usually only takes a few minutes.
- The polishing removes any leftover discoloration.
- The polishing also smooths the tooth surfaces, making new stains less likely to adhere to the teeth.
We’ll follow your teeth cleaning with flossing:
- Flossing assists in removing any material that the irrigation process may have missed.
- Flossing provides a thorough, finished cleaning.
Finally, we’ll perform a thorough dentist evaluation:
- Dr. Yvonne Shu or Dr. Marcelo Romero Shu will make sure everything looks and feels good.
- We’ll work with you on setting any additional appointments for further recommended treatment.
Quality Dental Cleanings in Pomona
Your teeth will look great, and your mouth will feel fresh after our quality dental cleaning service. You won’t be able to resist the temptation to run your tongue over your smooth, healthy teeth.
We dedicate ourselves to helping people achieve and maintain healthy smiles. We offer a wide range of dental services to meet your needs. We’ll keep you healthy, happy, comfortable, and smiling throughout your treatment. And most importantly, we’ll help you keep your teeth clean and free of the bacteria and plaque which can cause tooth decay and gum disease.
There’s no reason to dread your dental cleaning, and you may even enjoy the experience at Pomona Dental care. Please don’t wait any longer; call today. We can’t wait to get started on improving your smile.